Integrated Camera Recording
Dedicated Micros unique Integrated Camera Recording (ICR) capability combines recording capability and a full enterprise video server within a camera. Achieving fail safe, decentralised recording and video management, ICR reduces the 24/7 dependency on high bandwidth network infrastructure and provides a tiered storage architecture to protect against any network downtime.
ICR provides the option to record camera footage at the unit as well as at any associated DVR or Video Server. An integrated expansion port provides local recording to SD memory cards whilst the use of ATA over Ethernet (AoE) protocol provides separate, remote storage for backup and long-term archiving. This enables a tiered storage architecture that ensures no single point of failure.
- Fail safe decentralised edge of network recording and video management
- Full enterprise server embedded within the camera or device provides complete support for alarm handling, integration and processing of meta data, and video management
- Local storage, either solid state or HDD completely independent of IP status using ATA over Ethernet (AoE) technology
- AoE protocol provides highly-secure point-topoint transfer of video files to a separate storage device for backup and long-term archiving
- Multi-tiered storage architecture, provides multiple resolution and storage options which are proportionate to the storage medium
- No single point of failure, reduces 24/7 reliance and high network infrastructure installation and maintenance costs
- On-demand viewing and management
- TransCoding - High quality recording and simultaneous video transmission using MPEG4 or JPEG for remote viewing AND playback
- Secure webpages allows remote configuration of camera features
AoE Storage Hub
ATA over Ethernet (AoE) provides a highly-secure transfer of video files to a separate storage device for backup and long-term archiving. As the system is point-to-point, utilising low-level MAC-MAC address ethernet connections, it is highly efficient, allowing data to be transferred at high speeds with minimal use of the systems processing power.
Any one Storage Hub can support four connected devices with ICR capability and will include; Local SATA storage, a managed PoE network switch and a power supply (including battery backup that will power both the Storage Hub and the devices).
Enterprise Video Server
Any product equipped with the ICR capability will include a full Enterprise Video Server as standard. Offering complete support for alarm handling, the logging of meta-data and the configuration of the device.
Dedicated Micros unique TransCoding Architechture allows multiple simultaneous MPEG-4 and/or JPEG streams to be transmitted to any number of associated NetVu connected devices for viewing. Each stream can be individually tailored to suit the bandwidth available between the server and the client, in live or playback, and totally independent of any record settings.
Central Viewing & Control
Live Viewing, Playback & Control of a system deploying devices with ICR can be conducted centrally using one of Dedicated Micros Video Management Systems including Pick-a-Point or DV-IP Decoder or a Video Server utilizing our Embedded NetVu Console solution.
Tiered Storage Architecture
A fully integrated ICR solution ensures no single point of failure by deploying a tiered storage architecture.
- On-board storage, located at the camera provides short term (typically 1 or 2 days),storage for surveillance footage captured at full resolution / record rate.
- This is also kept for up to 7 days (typical application) on the AoE Storage Hub located nearby.
- Beyond this data can be kept for any user-definable period on Archive Servers. Stored data here would typically consist of alarm events or transcoded footage that has been archived at a lower resolution and record rate than wasoriginally captured
By deploying such an architecture, system resilience can be improved and the exposure to network associated risks minimised.