Support : General Frequently Asked Questions
- How do I view my cameras over the local area network or wide area network?
There is no difference in how you view the cameras over either network. Your options include: Internet Explorer, NetVu Observer, and NetVu Investigator.
- How do I configure the recorder over the network?
You configure it on the webpage. From NetVu Observer, once connected to the recorder, click on Tools and Configure Image Server via browser. From Internet Explorer, type the IP address or domain name of your recorder in the address bar and press Enter. After this step, click on Configuration Options.
- How do I save my recorder’s IP address or domain name in NetVu Observer?
Connect to your recorder by entering the IP address or domain name and clicking Add. Once connected, click and drag the IP address or domain name up to Stored Image Servers.
- What is the default user name and password for Configuration Options?
The user name is dm and the password is web.
- What version of Java do I need?
On the Downloads section of the webpage, click on Viewer Software and Manuals. Firmware versions 4.0 - 4.4 require Java 5 update 4 through update 9. Any in this range will work just fine. Firmware version 4.5 requires Java 6 update 1.
- How do I add passwords for the video over the network?
This must be done on the webpage using Configuration Options. On the Main Set-up page, change the Browser Settings to Java Applet and save with the floppy disk icon at the bottom right hand corner. Passwords run from the Java Applet. To your left, click on System then User Accounts. Under Video Accounts Administration, add your user accounts. Under System Accounts Management, you can change the default webpage password as well as other default accounts.
- Why can’t I see video on the Live Page of Internet Explorer?
- How can I view my cameras from a MAC Computer?
You will need to verify that you have the latest version of Java installed first. Load NetVu Investigator MAC to the computer’s desktop. Unzip the file and double-click on the NetVu Investigator.jar file to launch the application.
- How do I get into the installer mode from the on-screen display?
You need to hold the menu button for 3 seconds.
- How can I change the clarity of recorded images?
From the on-screen display, get into the installer mode. Go to the Standard Record Schedule. Edit the Recorded File Size. The maximum size available is 45KB.
- What ports do I need to forward on the router for remote access?
a) Port 80 (TCP) is the default port to access the unit for configuration and viewing.
b) Port 20 & 21 (TCP) = FTP.
c) Port 23 (TCP) = Telnet.
d) 2074 & 2075 (UDP) = Audio
e) 1025 (UDP) = Telemetry
f) 5201 (TCP) = Engineering Debug